Lafayette Pediatrics and Internal Medicine has implemented a new Electronic Health Record (EHR) on July 6th, 2020. Our current EHR vendor closed it’s doors and we needed to make this move. As you might imagine, this is a heavy undertaking and we will likely have some hiccups along the way. However, we are confident we have chosen an EHR which will bring more value to your experience as a patient and our delivery of healthcare.
Some important things that you will see:
- The patient portal in our new system is fully functional! We strongly encourage all our patients to take advantage of this new system. Please see below for more details.
- As we learn the new system, it might take us a little longer to make things happen for you. Please be patient with us.
- Most of the information from the old system will be transferred over, however, it is possible some things may be not moved or hard to find. Please be kind if we are having trouble locating something.
- Our new EHR vendor will also be responsible for our billing system. You will be able to pay online, through your portal and by text. If you have problems with your bill, we still have our own in-house billing processes, so please contact us.
- Our reminder system will continue to be automated. You will receive reminders by email, text and voice call. You will also have the opportunity to reschedule directly from some of these systems.
- We will be able to send in controlled substance prescriptions electronically – no more running into the office for a prescription!
- We are still figuring out the best way to deliver paperwork prior to your appointment. Please be flexible as we will be experimenting with this to find the best delivery mechanism.
- Most importantly, you will not see a change in the quality of the healthcare you receive.
Insurance information does not automatically transfer over. PLEASE bring your insurance card with you to your appointment.
Our New Portal
You likely found that our old patient portal was unusable. You were correct! We are pleased to announce a new portal which will provide much more functionality:
- Secure messaging with your provider or staff (you need to have a visit in the system before this functions)
- Access to your test results (once released by your provider)
- Payment of your bill
- See upcoming and past appointments
- Review and sign forms
- Access mediation lists, encounter summaries and learning materials assigned by providers and more
- The ability to have access to your children’s information through one login.
To access the portal you will need to send us an email at email@example.com requesting access. Please include:
- The subject line “Requesting Portal Access”
- Your name
- The full name of the patient(s) for whom you are creating portal access
- Date of birth(s) for all patients requested
- Relationship to patient
- The email address you would like to use for portal access
- Patients over 18 need to have their own email address. If desired, they need to grant access to parents. Access can be granted for billing only or to the whole portal.
You will receive an email with directions to follow to create your login. Please be patient with this process, as we expect a large volume of demand and will process the requests on a first-come, first served basis. Alternatively, you may also request access when you come in for a visit. You may also receive a link when you get a reminder for an upcoming appointment.
That’s it. Thank you for taking the time to read this information. We look forward to continuing serving you and your family.
Your staff at LPIM.